Thursday, 31 May 2012

The Full Story

I won't say sorry for yesterday's post. After all, I did just find the body of my best friend impaled in a tree. 

But I do feel that you folks are owed an explanation to what really happened. Not just my...brief report on the situation. 

I'm better now today, but - yeah. I'm not back to normal. I don't think I will be for a long time after what happened to him. Shit, I can't even talk about it without shaking. But I owe it to Robert to tell his story - and hopefully someone can help me understand more about how this happened. Not just what happened, but -how-. What happened defies the laws of...well, anything. 

As I said, on my advice, a helicopter took us(by "us", I'm referring to myself and three OPP officers with a K9) out to The Point. Now, The Point is, as I said, in a very dense forested area, so a helicopter was the only way we would be able to reach the area in a quick way. By foot, it would take about four hours(EDIT: days? I just noticed this now that I fucked up the time span? Go me) of walking to get there. When we got there, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It was quiet - now that I think about it, too quiet. There weren't any birds or insects making noise - it was like a wake. Deathly silent. 

We spread out and started looking for any sign of him. About 15 minutes into the search, one of the officers calls us over to his location(We were equipped with GPS and walkie-talkies just to be on the safe side), saying he's found something. The bags. We found the first of the bags there. It didn't even look like anything out of the ordinary - just a regular black garbage bag. But this was the thing; it was suspended by a rope from the branches of one of the trees. It felt heavy, so we cut it open. 

That's when Robert's liver fell into my hands. 

I promptly lost my lunch all over the place - but it was then that the other officers started finding more bags, tied to branches of the same tree. There were a good six or seven in all, I don't really remember specifics. 

It was around that time we received a radio call from the helicopter pilot saying that he's "found something" at the top of the tree. Due to the tree's height(well over 15 feet if I had to guess), we didn't know what was at the top of it. But it had the bags in it's branches, so....if I had known then I would have guessed sooner. 

It was Robert. He was stuck to the top of the tree, impaled through the stomach like some sort of skewer.

 Cue me again losing my lunch, breakfast, and snack all over the forest bed. 

Anyway, the 'copter called for immediate reinforcements and within the hour, the Point was flooded with police, fire personnel and the like. I'm still trying to get the liver smell out of my hands, by the way. 

The medical examiner is going to be doing an autopsy today to find out the cause of death...if it isn't already obvious. 


Though, the ME is confused - he said that Robert wasn't eviscerated, that it looked as though there was no damage to him aside from the impalement of the tree. 

But the strangest thing was who else showed up at the crime scene. It was two agents of the CSIS, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service(Think our version of the CIA or something). I knew because they had the fucking logo on their card. They told me that they would be in touch with me and Robert's family. I don't know what the hell for, but...

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go vomit and cry for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment